What You’ll Need:
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Sweet Onion, Sliced
2 Cups Fennel Bulb, Sliced
4 Large Garlic Cloves, Sliced
1 14.5 oz Can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Seeds Removed and Chopped
2 Cups Kale, Loose Chopped
½ Cup Veggie Broth
½ Tsp Red Pepper
2 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Can Medium Black Olives
1 Lbs Cod, Portioned to 4 Pieces
1 Tsp Orange Zest
Salt and Pepper to Taste
What You’ll Do:
- Heat high sided pan over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- When oil is shimmering, add the onion, fennel and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant; 5-7 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, kale and veggie broth and simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Add red pepper, oregano and black olive then stir to combine.
- Season cod with salt and pepper then sprinkle with orange zest.
- Set the cod pieces into the tomato mixture, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is fully cooked.
- Garnish with fennel fronds, orange zest and a drizzle of olive oil.