What You’ll Need:
1/3 Cup Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
16oz Tempeh, Cut Into 1/2 Inch Cubes
1 Large Shallot, Sliced Thin
4 Garlic Cloves, Sliced Thin
3 Thai Chilies, Sliced Thin
1 Lemongrass Stalk, Bruised
6 Thin Slices Ginger, Skin On
2 Handfuls Sugar Snap Peas, or More/Less to Your Liking
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Water
What You’ll Do:
- Heat a Wok or tall sided pan over Medium-High Heat and add the oil.
- When oil begins to produce whisps of white smoke, add the Tempeh and fry until golden on all sides; 5-10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic, shallot, chili, lemongrass then ginger constantly stirring until fragrant.
- Add the Sugar Snap Peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Mix the brown sugar and soy sauce together in one bowl and then mix the brown sugar and water in a separate bowl.
- Once Sugar Snaps have softened, add the peanuts then reintroduce the tempeh to the pan.
- Stir together then add the brown sugar soy mixture. Stir constantly until incorporated then add the brown sugar water mix.
- Cook until everything is evenly coated and the sauce has thickened; about 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice or on its own.