What You’ll Need:
8 Cloves Garlic, 3 grated and 5 thin sliced
½ Cup Chive, Fine Chop
½ Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
¾ Cup Full Fat Greek Yogurt
2 Tsp Fennel Seed
2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tsp Aleppo Pepper (or Red Pepper Flake) Find it at Terra Spice Company
1 Lbs Ground 80/20 Chuck (I used Wild Earth Texas Ground Beef)
½ Lbs Ground Pork
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Shallot, Thin Sliced
1 ½ Lbs Cherry Tomato, Cut in Half
¼ Cup White Vinegar
3 Cups Beef Broth
1 Cup Mint Leaves, for Garnish
For the Salad
3 Oz Diced Pancetta
¾ Cup Panko Bread Crumb
½ Tsp Aleppo Pepper (or Red Pepper Flake)
2 Garlic Cloves, Grated
1 Shallot, Sliced in Rings
1 Head of Curly Green Leaf Lettuce, Cut Into Pieces
1 Cup Parsley, Chopped
3 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
3 Tbsp Good Quality Olive Oil
What You’ll Do:
- First the Meatballs…
- Combine garlic, chive, parsley, Greek yogurt, fennel seed, paprika, and Aleppo pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the beef and pork and season with salt & pepper.
- Roll the mixture into 2” balls and set onto a plate to prepare for searing.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven, then place a few meatballs at a time into the pot searing all sides until they develop a nice caramelization. Remove the and set aside.
- Add the sliced garlic and shallot to the pan cooking until soft and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook until everything starts to come together and begins to caramelize, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add vinegar and broth to pot over medium-high heat. Boil for about 10 minutes until flavors combine and the broth is slightly reduced.
- Add the meatballs to the pot and turn down to a simmer… simmer for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the meatballs simmer, lets make the salad.
- Heat pancetta in a skillet until slightly crispy
- Once cooked, turn down heat a touch and add the bread crumbs until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add the grated garlic and Aleppo pepper… set aside.
- Tear or cut the lettuce into salad sized portions and place into a salad bowl.
- Add the parsley, vinegar, mustard, olive oil and shallot then mix well coating all of the lettuce with the mustard mixture.
- To plate…
- Add the salad to the plate topping with the pancetta mix and grated parmesan.
- Then add 3 meatballs to the opposite side of plate topping with the tomato garlic broth.
- Top with mint leaves and parmesan then serve.