What You’ll Need:
For the Meatballs
1 Lb Ground Beef
5 Cloves Garlic, grated
1 Handful Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
½ Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Aleppo Pepper (or ½ tbsp red pepper flake)
1 Tsp Black Pepper
For the Stew
2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
1 Onion, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 lb Baby Spinach, course chopped
1 Cup Beef Stock
1 Tbsp All Spice
Salt & Pepper to Taste
For the Lemon Shallot Sauce
1 Shallot, finely chopped
1 Lemon, juiced
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tsp Aleppo Pepper (or ½ tsp red pepper flake)
What You’ll Do:
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the meatballs and then roll in about 2 inch balls with the palms of your hands.
- Set a medium sized pot over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and translucent… about 5 minutes.
- Move the onions to the sides of the pot and add the meatballs. Sear the meatballs on all sides then add the spinach. Mix well then add the beef stock.
- Simmer until the liquid has reduced by half… about 20 minutes.
- While the stew is cooking, mix all of the ingredients for the lemon sauce and set aside.
- To serve, scoop your favorite white rice into a bowl then spoon over the meatballs and stew. Top with the lemon sauce and serve.