What You’ll Need:
3 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
¾ Lbs Tasso, cubed
1 ½ Lbs Chicken Breast, cubed
¾ Lbs Zummo’s Andouille Sausage, sliced
2 Green Bell Peppers, chopped
1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
3 Stalks Celery, chopped
6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
12oz of Doguet’s Roux
8 Cups Chicken Stock (preferably home made)
4 Tbsp No Salt Cajun Seasoning
4 Tbsp Tex Joy Herb Du Beaumont
2 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Pepper
3 Bay Leaves
1 Large Handful Fresh Parsley, chopped
What You’ll Do:
- Set a large pot over medium high heat. Add the oil and allow to warm.
- Add the cubed chicken to the oil allowing it the to brown a bit then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the roux and stir continuously until smooth.
- Add all the veggies to the pot and mix into the roux. Add your sausage and tasso and stir to combine. Allow all the flavors to combine for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and all the juices that have accumulated back to the pot. Carefully add the chicken stock and stir until the roux has fully combined into the stock.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, herb du Beaumont, salt, pepper, bay leaves and parsley. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to low. Partially cover and simmer for about an hour allowing all of the flavors to come together.
1 thought on “Chicken, Sausage & Tasso Gumbo”
why not just open a can of cambells chicken gumbo………………….just as good