What You’ll Need:
For the Galette
2 Medium Italian Eggplant
1 Cup Crumbled Feta
3 Tbsp Fresh Dill, Chopped
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Jalapeno, Seeded and Sliced Thin
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Large Egg
½ Cup Grated Parmesan
1 Roma Tomato, sliced into thin rounds
6 Pitted Kalamata Olive
For the Dough
3 Cups AP Flour
½ Tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp Vinegar
For the Peppers
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion, Sliced Thin
4 Red Bell Peppers, Sliced Into 2” Strips
¾ Cup White Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp Sugar
Salt & Pepper to Taste
What You’ll Do:
To Make the Peppers:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the onion and cover cooking until softened. Remove onion from the pan and return to heat.
- Add the sliced red pepper, cover and cook until soft… about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix together the vinegar and sugar then add to the pan and cook until all of the vinegar is cooked away.
- Combine peppers and onion then add salt and pepper to taste. Set Aside.
For the Filling:
- Turn broiler onto high. Set the eggplant onto a baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Char each side of the eggplant turning every 5 minutes or until skin begins to char.
- Remove and set aside to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin and slice into small cubes.
- Combine the eggplant, jalapeno, feta, dill, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix together.
To Make the Dough
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the oil water and salt then set over medium heat until boiling.
- Once boiling, remove from heat then add the vinegar and flour then mix until the flour has absorbed all of the liquid. Turn out onto a sheet of parchment and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Roll out the dough in a circle until about ¼” thick and about 12” wide.
- Spoon the eggplant mixture into the middle of the dough leaving about an inch of room on the edge.
- Fold the edges over the mixture. This does not have to be perfect.
- Brush edges with egg and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange tomato slices on top along with the olives then place into the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Slice, Serve and Enjoy!!
1 thought on “Charred Eggplant and Feta Galette With Stewed Sweet Peppers”
Looks so delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person