What You’ll Need:
For the Ribeye Roast
1 4 lbs Boneless Ribeye Roast
4 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp Honey
6 Tbsp Black Pepper
6 Tbsp Kosher Salt
6 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
½ Lbs Bacon, cut into ¼ cubes
2 Bunches Green Onion, Cut ¼” Thick
4 Cloves Garlic, Sliced Thin
¼ Cup Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Horseradish Cream
¼ Cup Dukes Mayo
4 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp Fresh Chive, Finely Chopped
For the Roasted Cabbage Over Bagna Cauda Yogurt
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
5 Anchovy Fillets
3 GarlIc Cloves
1 Cup Greek Yogurt
Handful Celery Leaves, Roughly Chopped
1 Bunch Napa Cabbage, Quartered Lengthwise
Salt & Pepper to Taste
What You’ll Do:
For the Roast
- Prepare the roast by mixing the mustard, Worcestershire & Honey. In a separate bowl mix the dry spices.
- Coat the roast evenly with the mustard mixture then season liberally with the spice mix.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours or at least 2.
- Set smoker or oven to 250 degrees and cook for 3 hours or until internal temperature reached 130 (about 3 hours).
- Set aside and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by sautéing the bacon over medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Once the bacon is crispy, add the green onion, garlic, and olive oil. Cook until soft and fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- While the ribeye roast cooks, make the horseradish cream by mixing all the ingredients then set aside.
For the Cabbage
- Heat butter over medium high heat.
- Chop the anchovy then smash with the side of the knife until it becomes a paste.
- Add the anchovy to the melted butter.
- Grate the garlic into the pan and cook until fragrant… about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and grate the lemon rind into the pan then add about 2 tbsp of the lemon juice… set aside and let cool.
- Once cool, add into the Greek Yogurt.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice cabbage and coat liberally with olive oil then salt.
- Place the cabbage sections on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until parts of the leaves have started to brown.
- Slice a 1” section of the ribeye roast and top with the bacon mixture and the horseradish cream.
- Spread a spoonful of the Bagna Cauda Yogurt onto the other side of the plate and then place a section of the roasted cabbage on top.
- Top with celery leaves then serve.